Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Form of Evil...

It's 19:45 and my chibi is already in bed and asleep.

The house is done up.

Tomorrow's projects wait patiently for me in the living room.

Today's completed tasks and shiny sink are deep in slumber.

The Man of the Place is taking care of some things at the storage shed and he took the dog with him.

The cats are outside stalking shadows.

The house is quiet except for the furnace. It is working hard, attempting to hum me to sleep.

It's starting to work.

Suddenly, a new form of evil interrupts my reverie. It stealthily creeps into the recesses of my brain and slyly takes over my will.

My body moves according to its demands.

It's all Harmony's fault.

Against my will, the cobalt mug is filled with water and banished to the microwave. It reappears in front of me only three minutes later, begging for an unhealthy dose of home-made hot cocoa mix to be stirred into it.

Under the evil spell, I give in.

While the mug's liquid is still whirling around from the stirring, my hand is reaching into the freezer. What could be in there? What else could this evil be beckoning for?

Ice cream. You heard me right.

A lonely scoop of vanilla ice cream meets it's doom in the sultry depths of the cocoa.

The heat and the cold mix together to create an other-worldly juxtaposition. I am completely drawn in to the evil that is...

        the "Hot Cocoa Float."

I now have a dire dilemma.

Harmony...

        do I hate you for this...

              or do I sing your praises?

I will think on it tomorrow.

For now the humming of the furnace has transfixed my concentration and I am lulled into a carnal state of epicurean delight.

I will sleep well, my dreams floating on a cocoa bean induced euphoria.

Harmony...

        I think I shall love you ...


               Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment