Monday, February 9, 2009

RECIPES!

Hello all.

I have finally finished updating my recipe notebook. It can be found HERE.

This week we finally got our BOBs together. Little BOBs, big BOBs... just have to order a couple of parts to get the really old laptop working again. I think all it can handle is Ubuntu, but it's something. (To know what in the world I'm talking about, go HERE.)

Saturday we got a call from hubby's father (We'll call him G Senior). Keep in mind that we've communicated via chat a few times and a few phone calls, but the last time we saw G Senior in person was 10 years ago at the funeral for G Jr's mom and sister. G Sr has never met Charlotte.

So G Sr and H (his wife) are visiting. So far I really like them. They've been through their own soap operas over the last decade, so perhaps it is best that the reuniting is coming at this time.

The most important thing is the reunification of a family and the healing of a relationship.

And I finally have a mom-in-law (MIL) again. Which is good. REALLY!

My dad always had a good relationship with my mom's parents. I thought that this was normal. I never understood MIL jokes (until some of my friends got bad ones). So I always wanted a MIL.

I had a MIL for about three months. Then Patty (G Jr's mom and G Sr's ex-wife) and Lottie (G Jr's sis and G Sr's daughter) were killed in a car accident.

Then I met G Jr's ex-step-father, B. B's girlfriend, S, became my step-MIL. (Getting confused yet?) Then B & S broke up and B married D. **sigh**. D is nice, but not quite a MIL. Maybe I'm too close to B's kids? (B's kids stayed with us for about a year after Patty and Lottie died... it's a loooong story.)

I had heard a lot about H (G Sr's wife) from G Jr. H had been G Jr's step mom. Then G Sr and H got divorced, and now they're remarried. So I now have a MIL again.

I told H last night that I had been longing for a good MIL, and she said she'd do her best to be one. YAY!

It's intersting though... Heavenly Father has always known my needs, and when I've needed a MIL the most, there always was one.

Most wonderfully, Nanna (a friend's mom). Nanna was there for me when she didn't have to be. She loves me though there is no obligation for her to do so. No blood ties... only friendship and unconditional love. I miss her a ton. (I have GOT to get myself up to the mountains!)

Out of all my MIL's I love her the best.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, too, dear sweet lady. And I miss you. The "mountains" are waiting.

    ReplyDelete