Friday, March 27, 2009

A Few Happy Ramblings

It's raining outside and all the world seems quiet and sleepy.

School is out today so my chibi is home, and all is right with the world.

The house is done up and clean.

An occasional car drives by kicking up the water on the street.

The cats tease the dog and they bicker for a moment.

Then... all is peaceful with the three of them, laying on the same bed, an uneasy truce in place for the sake of a nap.

The dish washer is humming me a happy tune, reminding me that the kitchen chores are done.

Some "jigsaw" pieces of my life have been coming together this week. I am starting to see how something "irrational" God told me years ago is coming to fruition. The fruits of my obedience are coming "quite in handy".

I have been watching the world and what is happening to our country. Part of me is in mourning, part of me is angry, and a much greater part of me is at peace. My contingency plans are almost in place.

It's interesting to see how all the "jigsaw" pieces tie into the "contingency plans" and how my "contingency plans" bring together the little "jigsaw" pieces.

Perhaps that would be a good title for my next blog: "Jigsaw Puzzles and Contingency Plans". Hmmm... I kinda like the sound of that.

But enough for now. My chibi and I are going to meet friends for a play date and enjoy the day the Lord has made.

The "world" will wait, and the latest legislation will still be there waiting for me to read. But I only have this day once and it belongs to my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment